Outreach Drop in Centre (ODIC) was established in October 2019 and is located at Khurai Thangjam Leikai Imphal East, Manipur, 795010 with its project area covering the whole district of Imphal East and its sponsored by National Institute of Social Defense (NISD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and implemented by Integrated Women and Children Development Centre (IWCDC) Thangmeiband Yumnam Leikai, Imphal West, Manipur. ODIC is to conduct outreach activities in the community to prevent drug abuse with a special focus on youth who are dependent on drugs. The ODIC would provide safe and secure drop in space for drug users in the community.
The main objective is:
- To conduct outreach activities among vulnerable adolescence and youth in community for prevention of drug abuse.
- To provide safe and secure drop in space for drug users in community having the provision of screening, assessment and counselling.
- To provide referral and linkages to treatment and rehabilitation services for drug dependents.
- To provide health care facilities and
- Drop in facility for people vulnerable/ dependent on drug use.
- Individual, group and family counselling.
|Doctor’s taking client intake as well as counseling to overcome from drug abuse. –Doctor available 5 days a week and stay 11am to 3pm. -Regular client health’s check up by our ORW cum nurse and provide supplement like Vitamins, Pan-D, and detoxification medicine as per Doctor’s prescription.|
|-Individual counseling to overcome drug abuse, personal crisis, behavior changes communication. A total of 105 individual sessions were carried out during the reporting period -Group session also held once a month. -A total of 6 group session held during the reporting period.|
|-Advocacy meeting held at Khurai Chaithabi Leikai Meira Paibi Sanglen on 9th Nov’2019 with local women leaders (meira paibi) on the topic ‘Drug abuse prevention’ and services available at our ODIC. -Advocacy meeting held once in 4 month.|
|-Conducting family session with the clients family at DIC recreational hall on 10thJan’2020. -Family sessions are carried out to involve them in the client treatment and recovery process. -Repeated outreach and motivational counseling required bringing the changes to both family and the client.|
|Identifying hotspot and conducting meeting frequently to overcome and access services available at DIC. -Conducting hotspot meeting at Porompat.|