Skip to content
- A non-profit organization working towards a better Manipur
- Year of establishment: 1980
- A brief history
- In the early years, IWCDC worked on uplifting the socio economic condition of under privilege women and taken up many rural development program.
In the mid eighties IWCDC started working in the field of drugs abused and HIV/AIDS. Working on this issue came into light the plight of the children affected by the twin problem .From early 2000 IWCDC started working on children issues. It promotes child rights, legal adoption and temporary home for girls who are in need of care and protection.
IWCDC collaborates and work with different stakeholders in providing services for children, youth and underprivileged sections of the society in Manipur
IWCDC is funded by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJE), Ministry of Women and Child (MWCD), Social Welfare Department Manipur , Manipur State AIDS Control Society(MSACS)and Childline India Foundation (CIF)
- Punya Nawa Yaiphakol,Specialized Adoption Agency:a 10 bedded placement cum adoption centre aged 0-6 years established in 2001
- Punya Children Home for girls : A 50 bedded children home for girls aged 7-18 years established in 2007
- Childline Collaborative organization : A 24×7 toll free services for children in distress came into being in 2018
- A 30 bedded de addiction cum rehabilitation centre for male drug dependent established in 1993
- Targeted Intervention(TI) :HIV intervention programe among IDUs established in 2008
- Outreach Drop in Centre: Outreach activities for prevention of drug abuse.