Shine IRCA (Integrated Rehabilitation Center for Addicts) is a 30 bedded Treatment cum Rehabilitation centre for male drug dependents, located at Thangmeiband Yumnam Leikai Imphal West. It was established in the Year 1993 and sponsored by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE) Govt. of India, New Delhi. Since inception the Centre had given treatment to 10512 drug dependents. In the year 2019-20 the centre had given treatment to 569 Drug dependents.
Every Year the Centre observed 26th June – International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking by conducting Ex-tempore Speech, Awareness Programme inside the premises as well as in Schools, community etc. The Centre also conduct Awareness Programme on DRUGS for Community, Students, Teachers , Family in collaboration with Local Clubs, CBO’s etc.
- Counseling and detoxification to inpatients-clients.
- A structured lifestyle rehabilitation program through cognitive-behavioral approaches and reality therapy.
- Promote active social learning based on self-help principles with special emphasis on practical guidance and role modeling.
- Linkages with other agencies and organizations for the benefit of the clients.
- Family education program to help the family members to overcome addiction and create a supportive environment in the client’s rehabilitation.
- Providing counseling service to outpatient-clients and families.
- Community programs on drug issues to bring awareness and ownership.
Criteria & Provisions for admision :
- Male Drug/Alcohol users who needs Treatment are eligible for treatment in the IRCA’s.
- Anybody can refer for admission, however consent of the patient and a family member or a support person is mandatory.
- Treatment is for free an amount of Rs 2250 for a month per client will be provided as mess support for the indoor patients.
- Treatment period is for 30 days but is extendable up-to 60 days.
- An Aadhaar card copy and a government issued photo identity is mandatory for admission .
- Counseling and guidance provided for Out Patients and families.
Main theme of rehabilitation program – A community based cognitive and behavioral change therapy model:
- Intake Interview & Motivational Counselling
- Individual and Group Counselling
- Yoga & Meditation
- Therapeutic Duty Assignment (TDA)
- Group Therapy
- Re-educative session related to addiction, self management skills and behavioural changes
- RMT – Role model therapy to strengthen and equip the patients to be a successful role model recovering addicts
- Silent session for practicing patience by sitting silently
- Art Therapy : to assess psychological and mental aspects of the inmates relapse signs and symptoms in forms of art
- (RPP) Relapse prevention planning with identification of relapse indicators, situation that triggers relapse, finding solution and practice at the centre.
- Recreational facilities include TV/Music, Games ( Table Tennis, carom, chess, Chepak etc
- Spiritual Program : Art of Living (Aol) 6 days basic course, Satshang(group devotional songs), inviting eminent thinkers and religious leaders to talk on spirituality etc
- Family Therapy :Individual/Group counseling and family re-educative session every Sunday
- Post treatment/Aftercare program with regular follow up
- CPP – community participatory program for generating awareness on the concept of ‘Addiction is a treatable and manageable disease ‘